Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Another Day Passes...

Being out of school is great...for a while. After exams, it's good to have a few days to chillax and unwind, but soon, very soon, those few days can turn into weeks, months, and in the blink of an eye it's back to school. What are we doing with out time? Some of us have jobs, some have travelling plans, some...just don't know.

I'm one of those people who just don't know. However, I'm glad that there's so many different opportunities that are out there for me to take. I've had my time to relax and unwind, and pretty soon, the empty, quiet days will turn into boredom, and i'll know it's time to act, or just waste precious time.

The obvious thing to do is to look for a job. After all, all university students are broke and need money!!! However, I know that if i don't find a job, it's ok. Money is not everything, and I'm glad my parents understand that money is not the driving force of my being. It was nice doing the little things...talking with friends, going out and browsing shops, hanging out with people we haven't seen for 8 months...spending time with God, having quiet time just to reflect.

On the other side, if i don't have a job, it's kewl. I told myself that i would volunteer. and that's not just me saying it (which i usually do!). I actually spent time looking online for volunteer places, and WOW. the amount of places that need volunteers BADLY is overwhelming. There are so many places that need people to make a difference in people's lives!

this thought trails to other things...sorry if i had an alterior motive...missions is one of those things that SORELY need volunteers. This year's short term mission trip to Manitoba is sorely needing volunteers to go and make a difference in kids lives. Honestly, it's only one or two weeks of your time, something many of us have. We can make excuses for ourselves...oh, it's the middle of the summer (for most of us), i don't have the money to go there (it's around $500 and the church can subsidize half), i don't work well with kids (God will work through you), etc. etc.

I guess for myself, i had second thoughts about going back. I had personal reasons that were holding me back, but i realize now (with someone else's perspective =D) that it's not about me. It's about just trusting God that whatever that reason is, it won't hinder His work. I guess i'm going back this year! and i totally wish more people would join. The more people, the more God's work can spread.

any questions, leave me a comment =D

1 Comments:

Blogger Lydia said...

haha.. *claps hands and dances* - nope not about you! haha... WOW... i don't talk to you for .... less than a day... and whoa... AWWWEEESOOOOME!!!! haha... so much for the unpacking business.. lol... *hugz*

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home