Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Things left unsaid.
Conversations are minimal, a stranger's conversation.
A short reply for a short question,
Who are you?

Desperately want to share things,
Parts that you'll never know or understand.
Hate getting in to fights,
Over trivial things.
Who are you?

Relationship's a farce
only tied by blood
emotions kept hidden
secrets get put away
Do you know who I am?

There's no doubt about love
But love only goes so far
When the true person is hid
How do we know who we are?

Why must we act this way?
Are we able to change?
Change is a scary thing,
do we have the strength?
Will we ever get to know the real us?

Tired of this banter
but there's nothing to do
until one or the other figures out
how to open themselves too.
Hope is a good thing
but slowly dwindling down
Hearts are heavy,
yearning for the other.
Pride is in the way,
When one gets too close,
the tongue pushes them away.

Will this always be like this?
A lifetime of quessing
How much longer do we have?
Before the trivial things start to fade?
How can I tell you that I'm scared
How can i tell you things at all?
my heart and soul are too fragile
To be open for all to see

I know you feel the same
It's who i learned this from
To hide all that i feel
To retreat from possible hurt

Our hearts are fragments
Neither one whole
but we will live with the fragments
until they start to fade
The whole picture will be lost
What will happen to us then?

Who are you.
Who am I?
Can you hear my heart yearning?
Because I certainly hear yours.

I wish i was stronger
To challenge myself to act
But alas I retreat into the shadows
Projecting a sunny image of self.

When can we say what we mean
Without being afraid
I'm afraid that the time will never come
And then it would be too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home